Cut Poverty in Half: Help Make Our Nation Whole
About the Campaign
Poverty in America is a moral and social crisis. It threatens the health and economic well-being of our families and our nation as a whole. In response to this crisis, Catholic Charities USA has launched the Campaign to Reduce Poverty in America.
The Campaign is a multi-year, multi-faceted approach to alleviating poverty in the United States.
The goals of the Campaign to Reduce Poverty in America are:
- To reduce poverty in the United States by 50 percent by the year 2020.
- To call upon the government to do more to serve those who are poor, and to improve public policies that strengthen and support families.
- To educate policymakers and the public about the struggles of those living in poverty and the good work of those who serve them in local communities.
- To engage those who are most impacted by government policies to be active participants in developing solutions to reducing poverty.
- To work with individuals and organizations across the country to address poverty in our country.
We call upon all in our nation to address the issues that impact the most vulnerable and act now to reduce poverty in our nation.
Cut poverty in half to help make our nation whole!