Healing Hearts Family Counseling
The Healing Hearts Family Counseling Clinic at Catholic Charities was developed in response to the growing needs of central Mississippi for affordable, comprehensive, and professional counseling services for individuals, couples and families. The Healing Hearts Family Counseling Clinic is a Department of Mental Health certified community out-patient counseling center for children and adolescents.
The counselors at Healing Hearts are trained in the treatment of children, adolescents and adults utilizing research-based therapeutic techniques that lead to shorter treatment terms and better outcomes for the individuals and families participating. These interventions include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma Focused CBT, Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Gottman Institute Marriage Counseling, and SPARCS, a group intervention for adolescents responding to chronic stress.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 6:30 pm. After hour appointments are available based on the counselors’ availability.
Telehealth appointments are available for persons who have difficulty with transportation. These appointments require a reliable internet connection.
A bilingual therapist, Spanish to English or English to Spanish, is available.
Healing Hearts Family Counseling Services:
- Are available to any individual, couple or family needing support in dealing with issues that cause challenges and affect their quality of life.
- Include counseling for depression, anxiety, relationship/marital problems, child/adolescent abuse and trauma, divorce, grief due to any type loss, parenting issues, general family problems, addiction issues, and adult issues associated with childhood trauma.
- Are available to women and children who are the victims of domestic violence. These clients may be further assisted by Catholic Charities Shelter for Battered Families.
- Are available to individual and families who are struggling with grief and trauma due to the loss of a loved one due to a violent crime. Individuals traumatized by crime can receive counseling services through Healing Hearts that may be reimbursed through the Attorney General’s Office of Crime Victim Compensation.
- Are funded by an hourly fee, most major insurance carriers, and Medicaid. Grants and donations are sought to keep fees reasonable when possible. Practicing Catholics, referred by their pastor, may be eligible for assistance through Catholic Service Appeal funds.