Migrant Support Center
MSC provides direct legal representation, community education, and advocacy for immigrants living within the Diocese of Jackson. Some of our services include:
Direct Legal Representation
- Representation in removal (formerly known as deportation) proceedings for families and unaccompanied children
- Asylum (affirmative and defensive) for victims of persecution based on personal characteristics such as race, religion, political opinion, and gender
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status for abused, neglected, and abandoned children
- Appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals and the Fifth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits.
- U Visas, T Visas, and Violence Against Women’s Act (VAWA) representation for survivors of crimes and human trafficking
- Family-based petitions
Community Education and Advocacy
- “Know your rights” informational sessions for the immigrant community
- Screening events to determine eligibility for services
- Pro bono partnerships with area attorneys and firms
- Informational sessions for the general public about immigration matters
- Myths and facts about immigration
We do not deny services because of an inability to pay.
We are located at 850 E. River Pl., Ste. 300; Jackson, MS 39202. Our Jackson office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We also have a satellite office in Northeast Mississippi with varied hours. Meetings with our attorneys are by appointment only. To schedule a consultation for our Jackson or NE Mississippi office, please call 601-948-2635. Our consultation fee is $60.